Wednesday, August 15, 2018

Plastic Straw Poll


I just now “got the joke” about them wild and crazy elephant bones.

I have been trashing weezer non-stop for two months with utter disgust. But in the end they wore me down and I bought Africa on iTunes.

I introduced the boys to Spaceballs. They laughed the whole way through. For me it’s the best Mel Brooks movie, but I was also the right age for this one when it came out, so it could be nostalgia talking. John Candy is great as always but Rick Moranis really steals the show. He is so good. Think back on all of his great roles such as Ghostbusters. No one on earth can do what he does. My favorite scene is either the one where Michael Winslow’s voice still sounds like he’s talking through a distorted PA system or the scene where the grizzly bear tiptoes through the catwalk so no one notices he is taking the last escape pod. . . . ooh ooh or the scene where the droid’s stunt double shrugs in annoyance but the actor does it in such a perfectly non-droid-like manner.

Sinbad is only two years younger than Scott Bakula yet at age 35 he was supposed to be a believable college football player in Necessary Roughness. That’s not even a believable age for an NFL player.

. . . unless you’ve sold your soul to the devil in order to prolong your mediocre career in order to make people think you are the GOAT.

Finally I know it when I misspell dessert because ios shows me a picture of a camel.

I’m just now realizing that I am the same age as Scott Bakula when he starred in Necessary Roughness #FeelingOld

Speaking of old… Tom Cruise just did the cliché “dangle from helicopter skids” bit, as we all know. But did you know that he is one year older than Wilford Brimly when he starred in Cocoon.

Just as a reminder, the plot of Cocoon was that the main characters are so old they will die any minute.


No comments:

Post a Comment