Wednesday, August 30, 2017

Outdated Generally Horton



Your looking at the world record holder in Back to the Future on the Nintendo Entertainment System . . . and it’s not even close. Please click on the link so we can drive up traffic for the google algorithms. I like the idea of someone in Beijing searching “back to the future” and having me pop up. http://rec.st/n7f

I bought at powerball ticket and was carded. I’m literally twice the required age!!! Second greatest fist pump of my life. (See item above for single greatest fist pump of my life).

I can’t believe I’m saying this, but I think “Zero Sugar” is actually better than “Zero”. They got one right this time . . . I think. I could be suffering from Phantom Menace Syndrome though.

When I told Lara I was the world record holder in Back to the Future she replied “Wow, that’s awesome!”. And if only they had a world record for greatest magnitude of sarcasm in one sentence, then the Stewart family would have two world record holders.

I got Life from the library. It was Alien without the suspense. Gravity without the space realism (and surrealism). And Mission to Mars without frozen Tim Robins. But I knew going in that at least I’d get to keep my eyes fixed on Jake Gylenhunk for 2 hours. All in all it was 10 times better than I expected. I give it a 2.5/10.

Speaking of bttf, I showed the kids the tril this weekend. They loved it, but now here come all the time travel plot hole questions. Like “how come he only went back 10 minutes early? Why not 10 days early?” or the classic “What are the odds the same sperm fertilized the same egg three times in a row?” . . . Fun explaining that one to a 5-year-old.

Speaking of introducing the kids to great cinema. Jonah and I watched Unbreakable this weekend too. I’m not sure if I ever realized that Samuel L’s introduction gives away the big spoiler . . . or at least hints at it. Awesome! I can’t wait for Unbreakable 2 as part of the new shamaverse.


I didn’t realize there was a genre of space ship/drunk crop duster pilot movies but I’d have to say that “The Space Between” is easily the 2nd best movie of all time in that particular sub-genre.




No comments:

Post a Comment